What I have found strange about this book, is how Siddhartha's personality changes from one second to the other. He just looks at some Samanas passing by, and that's everything it takes for him to change. People passing by. The strange thing is that, Siddhartha is described as the perfect human being. He only brings pride to his father and mother. He has a friend that loves him more than anything, and every girl in the village dies a little when they hear his name. Why would he want to change? He's already handsome and knows how to meditate since the beginning.
His father told him not to, but did that stop him? That reminds me of a movie I saw a long time ago. Mulan was about to become the perfect woman for a guy to marry. But something happened, she didn't do what her father told her, and she went on a not very feminine journey. Siddhartha doesn't listen to what his father wants. He knows what he wants, and that's the only thing that matters to him. Why would he not do what his father said? We knew he was not at peace with himself. But I at least, never imagined he would disobey his father because of how the author describes him at the beginning.
The question I ask myself is, what will Siddhartha say or do when he sees his father again? His father told him on page 9, "If you find bliss on the forest, come back and teach it to me. If you find disillusionment, come back, and we shall again offer sacrifices to the gods together." What will he find? Is his father going to feel pride? because as far as I've read, Saddhartha is definitely choosing mind over heart. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, yet.
His father told him not to, but did that stop him? That reminds me of a movie I saw a long time ago. Mulan was about to become the perfect woman for a guy to marry. But something happened, she didn't do what her father told her, and she went on a not very feminine journey. Siddhartha doesn't listen to what his father wants. He knows what he wants, and that's the only thing that matters to him. Why would he not do what his father said? We knew he was not at peace with himself. But I at least, never imagined he would disobey his father because of how the author describes him at the beginning.
The question I ask myself is, what will Siddhartha say or do when he sees his father again? His father told him on page 9, "If you find bliss on the forest, come back and teach it to me. If you find disillusionment, come back, and we shall again offer sacrifices to the gods together." What will he find? Is his father going to feel pride? because as far as I've read, Saddhartha is definitely choosing mind over heart. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, yet.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment